West Hill Court in Highgate, North London, was built in 1933 and designed by Scottish architect William Bryce Binnie. Binnie was a decorated WW1 veteran who worked both in New York and London, as well as carrying out work for the War Graves Commission. His other London work includes the East Stand of the old Arsenal Stadium.
West Hill Court is an early British example of reinforced concrete and steel construction and enjoys an enviable location near Hampstead Heath. As one might expect it is therefore well-maintained and surrounded by some wonderfully landscaped gardens.
© Modernist Tourists 2016